- Call and email Live Oak County Supervisor John Leopold and ask him to advocate for off leash dog beaches.
Contact other supervisors, as they have to vote too!
Go to a Town Hall Meeting in your district and be heard.
Not sure which district your live in-check here!
Email/Call/Fax: Phone: (831) 454-2200 Fax: (831) 454-3262.
Times and locations are on website.
* (Live Oak District #1 this is where our beach is located!) Supervisor Leopold’s upcoming constituent meetings are listed on his website, please visit for exact dates and locations:
Supervisor Leopold can be contacted as follows:
- 701 Ocean Street, Room 500, Santa Cruz, CA 95060
- (831) 454-2200 (phone
- (831) 454-3262 (FAX)
Contact Santa Cruz County Parks & Recreation Commissioners!
- Email Santa Cruz County Parks & Recreation Director, Jeff Gaffney and Commission Member District 1 Mariah Roberts at the following address: PRCweb@co.santa-cruz.ca.us and put in subject line: “ATTENTION: Director Jeff Gaffney and District 1 Mariah Roberts or Please Forward this email to Director Jeff Gaffeney and District 1 Mariah Roberts”. Contact other P & R Commission members, as they have to vote too!
- Kate Minott District 2
- Jim Lang District 3
- Steven Bennett District 4
- Dave Mercer District 5
BE a RESPONSIBLE DOG OWNER: stay aware of where your dog is and what he/she is doing. Control aggression, jumping, and excessive barking. Clean up after your dog and help pick up after your neighbors, if need be (especially glass, cans, trash, etc). Let’s keep our dog beaches the cleanest beaches around!
TAKE ACTION: Unleash Your Bark
Write, Send Your Off-Leash Advocate Letter(s) to the Parks & Recreation Commissioners
Send copies to the Board of Supervisors
Mail ALL Letter(s) – Let’s Pack Their Mailboxes!!
ACTION 1: Write your letter – make it easy: write 1 letter with the Director and 5 Commissioner’s names on it. Do sign your letter including your address.
To: Director Jeff Gaffney, Commissioner Mariah Roberts – District 1, Commissioner Kate Minott – District 2, Commissioner Jim Lang – District 3, Commissioner Steve Bennett – District 4, Commissioner Dave Mercer -District 5
Dear Director and Commissioners: (suggestions for letters: Introduce yourself. Tell YOUR story – who you are. Tell why taking your dog to the beach is important. Tell what this culture and community means to you and that/why you feel LOOLA’s off-leash proposal(s) is reasonable and fair to everyone. (No discussing the opposition’s arguments against us, ACS, etc…).
ACTION 2: Send a copy of this letter to the Director and each Parks & Recreation Commissioner (6 letters) at their office:
Co. Santa Cruz Parks, Open Spaces & Cultural Services
979 17th Avenue Santa Cruz, CA 95062
Your action in support of off-leash is extremely important > if you can’t send letters of course, email.
ACTION 3: Send a copy of your Parks & Recreation Director and Commissioners letter to each member of the Board of Supervisors (5 letters). Send it to their office at 701 Ocean Street – Rm 500, Santa Cruz, CA 95060.
The Board of Supervisors will also vote on this issue.
· John Leopold – District 1 (John oversees Live Oak Beaches: on your letter add a note asking for him to ADVOCATE for off-leash dog beaches!!)
· Zach Friend – District 2
· Ryan Country – District 3
· Greg Caput – District 4
· Bruce McPherson – District 5
Your action in support of off-leash is extremely important > if you can’t send letters of course, email them:
Download our official flyer for this event and post in your neighborhood, work site, local businesses!
Thank you for your support of off-leash. Woof, Woof!!!!